Monday, January 9, 2012

Corn Dog Muffins

So, I've seen these before on Pinterest (?) and while searching new recipes on the web. I finally decided to try out a recipe for them, which I found on tasteofhome.com.

Corn Dog Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 2 packages (8.5 oz each) corn muffin mix
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
  • 5 hot dogs, chopped
Directions:
  • Combine corn muffin mix and brown sugar in large bowl.
  • Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
 
  • Stir in corn and hot dogs (the batter will be thin).
  • Fill paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
  • Bake at 400 degrees for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown.
  • ENJOY!
Hubs and I completed ours with tator tots! Yum!
Approval!

The recipe says it makes about 18 of these little guys, but I was able to squeeze 20 out of it. To be honest, you could even get 2 dozen out of it if you pour a pinch less in each cup. But its just how far you want to make it go!

The next time I make them, I think I'll cut the hotdogs up a little smaller, and probably bake them a little longer. I didn't bake them for the whole 18 minutes this first time though. Aside from that we loved this recipe. It's the perfect way to get a corn dog without it being frozen from the store or fried at the fair!

I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! It's quick, super easy and a great kid's meal (in my opinon!)


-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin