Monday, November 21, 2011

Jazz on Tap

Last evening, I had the pleasure of having dinner with this amazing couple:


Sarah & David
Sarah and David moved back to the States a couple of weeks ago from Venezuela. Sarah and I went to High School together and traveled to Venezuela a couple times together with a church group on a mission trip. She's also a blogger!

Enter David. He was one of the leaders for us and worked with a group called ITAM, which has since ended. It was there that Sarah and David started to get to know one another and, well, the rest is history. :) Since gettin' hitched, they've lived in David's neck of the woods serving the Lord and working on getting his visa! haha They finally made it and will be here for a good while!

Back to dinner. We met at the Tap Room in Hickory. This is by far my favorite restaurant in Hickory and whenever I am in town, you can find me here. The picture above is with a plate of their pub chips... which you have to order when you go. One of the other bonuses to last night was that it included Sunday night jazz, or 'Jazz on Tap'. Ever since I was in High School I would come to the Tap Room Sunday nights after church for the jazz. It feels like home. I think David really enjoyed his experience at the Tap Room. It was the perfect night for it.

We also exchanged a couple gifts between us. I didn't get a picture of it, but they brought me some Venezuelan coffee and candy (yum!). I gave them some pumpkin spice Hershey Kisses since they arrived in the States a little after they left store shelves.


Here's one with all of us after our delicious meals. It was so so good to catch up after not seeing Sarah for 2 years and not seeing David for... 3 or 4? Wow, time flies by!


We stopped at the front on our way out to see the musicians up close! At the time they were trying to figure out something to play, us thinking they were taking a break. Big mouth me let Rick know that it was David's first time here and he hadn't heard them play before. Next song they played was for him! :) haha




Sarah and David: Thank you SO very much for a great time at dinner! It was wonderful to catch up and pick up where we left off. I am grateful for your friendship and for you both being in North Carolina for the time being. I'm excited for you both to meet my hubby and look forward to our next dinner date!
Love you guys!
D

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet post! We can't wait to get together again!

    p.s. Can you email me those pics??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I was going to but don't have your email. Send it to me and I'll get those to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin