Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's been a while

Updates on life, recipes, pictures, birthdays... I've been slacking.
Dinner at Kabuto 

Since Brad's birthday, he went down to Havelock to do Hurricane Irene clean up. He's been down there a few weeks now, and probably a while longer. We miss each other tremendously and I've had the opportunity to visit him once so far. We had a dinner date at a yummy Japanese restaurant and went out to the Maritime Museum in Morehead City one afternoon to see the Blackbeard Display. We're not sure how much longer he'll be out east, but he'll be able to come  home for Thanksgiving! Yay :)


I've been working as a Substitute and a K-5 tutor which is working out really well and bringing in a little extra for the both of us (very helpful with Christmas around the corner!).

Lots of recipes to share... individual meat loafs, PUMPKIN ROLL, chicken dishes, dips, did I mention a pumpkin roll? I'll try to get to posting some of them asap.





As far as birthdays go, my niece McKenna turned 2 on October 17th. She's precious and I absolutely love being her aunt! Below is a picture of her 'eating' a kiwi from a food playset she got at her party. Precious. Below is her birthday cake, which was fabulously crafted by my cousins! The party was Minnie Mouse themed.



Thats about all the update I can think of for now. I'll try to be a more diligent blogger in November!


-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin