Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So We Keep Waiting

(Waiting) Waiting on [our] world to change
Mayer? Anyone?


I'm not writing to profess my love of Mayer's music.. nope. Don't mind some of it, but I'm writing because here we are, 3+ months into Marriage, into life removed of college, and not into active duty. We're just living our lives in Boone and.. waiting.

Have you ever tried to get a job when you know there's a possibility you won't be here in a month? (Employers don't prefer this) After a few interviews, rejections (because of the time we may be here in town) and an offer for 3 hours a week at minimum wage... I've gone to working in the nursery at Church, babysitting and waiting on my paperwork for substitute teaching to be approved. If you ever decide to apply for a position in Watauga County, be ready for a couple mountains of paperwork!

Brad has been truly blessed with odd jobs around Boone so that we have somewhat of an income. He's been pressure washing, staining decks, roofing, building a barn, landscaping and mowing just to name a few! I'm so proud of my hubby and so thankful for the people who have graciously offered small jobs for him! I know it isn't the type of work he truly desires, but it fills the time and gives us a little to live off of.

Ever since we moved back to Boone (since I got done with school in June of this year) we have been living with his Grandmom, Burton, in her basement. It's a nice set up that we've got down here and we have enjoyed being able to spend time with her, along with the rest of his family (and mine in Hickory) whenever we can.

[The picture to the right is of our door to the outside from the basement. Notice Oscar in the window and the nice Appalachian touch!]

A few weeks ago Brad got a call from his Lt Col at State who said we would definitely not be going before October. I guess we're getting closer to a definite date? Before his graduation, Brad was given a tentative date of October 1st... apparently Civil Engineers got the brunt end of things when it came to budget cuts. We could be in waiting up to a year.. but hopefully we'll be shipped out to AZ before Christmastime!


Until then, we'll be enjoying views like this...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin