One day when I went down to visit my parents in Hickory while Brad was working, I picked up a stamped cross stitch kit at AC Moore since Michaels here in town doesn't carry them (lame!). Burton showed me a bit of the ropes, lent me a hoop (and needle after I broke mine within the first 10 mintues) and set me loose to complete my first cross stitch work of art! I went with stamped for my first so I wouldn't lose count and get discouraged! :)
![]() |
| Here is a before shot: needle, thread, hoop and alll! |
![]() |
| Annnd After! TaaDaaa! I think it's super cute, and it'll go somewhere in our kitchen/coffee nook once we get settled out west! |
I have found cross stitching to be wildly addicting and easy to catch on to! In this kit I did the satin stitch, cross stitch, backstitch, stem stitch and french knot. For you avid cross stitchers I know this isn't much, but I'm so excited about it!
The next project I plan to conquer is Christmas Stockings!! (Maybe) In time for this year... or next! Below are the ones we picked out! Before you look and think, "Man Alive, she's never cross stitching again after those!"; Burton is going to help me on the first one while we're still in town. They're beautiful though, don't you think?!
![]() |
| Mine (L), Brad's (middle) and (of course) Oscar's! |
-D



No comments:
Post a Comment