"Flexibility is the key to Air power" and "Hurry up and wait." These are two of the common sayings that are heard in the Air Force and we are currently experiencing them firsthand. We had originally planned on heading out somewhere around mid-October; however, the date has now been set at March 15th, 2012.
We will be in Glendale, AZ for one month before heading to Wright-Patterson AFB for Civil Engineering training, which will last 6 weeks and take us through the first week of June. Then, it's back to Luke AFB for me to start my true engineering position and Dani to begin looking for teaching jobs in the area.
As for now, due to this major change in dates, we are in the process of finding long term jobs. Dani has been approved as a substitute teacher and I have secured a temporary position with an engineering company, so I am waiting to hear from them about when I am supposed to start. Just like the Air Force, the engineering company has postponed my start date, so I am in limbo with a job while in limbo for another job. haha.
During all this, Dani and I are enjoying time with our friends, family, and each other. We are excited to be here during Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are looking forward to whatever the future may bring for us and enjoying this transition time together.
Until Next Time,
Brad and Dani
No comments:
Post a Comment