Read all about it!
[Brace yourself, this one is long winded.]
Not that we've acquired many followers as of yet, but it's been approximately five months since the previous blog post.
Since then... I have finished up my first year teaching, married my best friend, went to the Bahamas, started living with a boy, moved out of Greenville, moved back to Boone, spent two weeks at Atlantic Beach, another week in Boone, gone to Ocean Isle... and revamped the blog to accommodate blogging for two!
Phew... like one of my good friends told me via FB, I need to stop traveling.
[Un]fortunately, the traveling will not cease as Brad & I have the Martin Family Reunion to attend at the end of next week! I'm super excited for him to meet the rest of my family who wasn't able to make it to the wedding.
Now, back to my long list of goings on since the last post...
My first year of teaching first grade in the small town of Kinston finished up really well. I am looking forward to having this next school year off in order to spend more time with Brad as we transition into Air Force life! I will miss my students and co-workers but I am ready for this next phase to begin!
The wedding and honeymoon was everything I dreamed it would ever be! I got to marry the love of my life and spend the day celebrating with people I love very much. What could be better?! (Click here to see pictures!) The honeymoon (as some of you know) was a surprise to me and we had an amazing time in Freeport, Bahamas. We went snorkeling, swam with dolphins, enjoyed a sunset dinner cruise, sunbathed, danced the night away, met sweet couples from the states, played bingo, went for walks and saw a shark feeding! Needless to say, it was the best vacation I've had to date.
After returning from Freeport back to 'real life', Brad moved in with me to where I'd been living in Greenville while teaching in Kinston. It's an adjustment to have a 'roommate' again... but such a great one! I LOVE having someone to come home to every day and not having to end the day with a phonecall to Brad. Instead we get to fall asleep and wake up to each other EVERY DAY! Did I mention I LOVE that?! Ever since Brad and I had started dating we were long-distance, so now we're not only living in the same city but under the same roof. It's heaven on earth.
Shortly after Brad moving in, we both moved out and up to Boone. I don't enjoy the moving process. Ask my husband. He'll probably snicker and roll his eyes. I'm getting a little better with each move we make, so hopefully by the time we make our trek to Arizona I will have the hang of it.
Since our move we got to spend some time with his maternal grandparents at Atlantic Beach. Brad and his cousin were able to help Granddad fix up part of his dock and the steps around the house. We also got to hang out with Amanda & Cory, see some fireworks out on a boat and spend time with Jeni & Tucker (which Oscar really enjoyed)!
Thats a short version of what we've been up to so far! We're a little over two months into our lives together. It has been more than I could have ever imagined. I'm so excited about this chapter we've started!
-D
Your blog looks great Dani! I'm glad married life is treating you well :)
ReplyDelete