Before leaving we celebrated our FOURTH year of marriage! Has it really been that long? It feels like just yesterday we were picking out colors, flowers and making our guest list. We decided to treat ourselves to a nice steak dinner at Fleming's instead of buying gifts. It was my first time there and we really enjoyed it! A night to ourselves to enjoy each other's company, reflect on the past and dream about our future together... especially now with a baby boy on the way!
Our wedding weekend took us to North Carolina, but it didn't start there! We made our first pitstop in Blacksburg, VA to have lunch with Brad's cousin. It was quite a beautiful day and Oscar loved all the attention he got as we sat on the outdoor patio for lunch. Brad and I had some extra time and used it to walk around the campus of Virginia Tech. If I'd have lived in VA growing up, I would surely have attended college here... the campus is just absolutely gorgeous and I've always loved it. The Hokie stone really makes it.
After Blacksburg, we drove a little further to Bedford to have dinner at Bella Italia with who I would say have come to be our closest long distance friends. We go about three years back I suppose, when the boys were in their 101 training together here in Dayton. Brad and I were stationed in AZ at the time and the Cashen's were and still are in NM at Holloman. We visit each other any and every chance we get and it feels like we haven't ever skipped a beat. We have visited with each other in Ohio, New Mexico, Arizona, North Carolina, Texas, and now Virginia. When we first met we were both newlyweds... just enjoying the beginnings of Air Force life. Now Chris & Christi have two amazing children, Nate and Elaina, and Brad and I have our little boy on joining us in November! I don't think I could say enough about how much we cherish their friendship.
Have I mentioned all of this traveling was done in one day?
Saturday we dropped little man Oscar off with my parents and made our way to Hendersonville to help celebrate with Cory and Amanda! They put all us wedding party people up in such a nice house and bungalow with a peaceful little creek running through it. We LOVED it. (Thank you Shufords!!) There we spent our next two days catching up with my high school/B's college friends. I'm so happy we were asked to be part of this wonderful day for C & A and it couldn't have been more perfect for them. Amazing weather, great venue, and of course a beautiful couple. We didn't want to leave!
(On a side note, it was pretty exciting to know we stayed just a couple of miles from Camp Kanuga that weekend. Mtn. View people, ya feel me?!)
Now we're back home, back into the swing of things and fond of the memories from such a wonderful weekend with friends and family. Oh, and we're 18 weeks along now! We get to see little man next week at our checkup. :) yay!




No comments:
Post a Comment