Brad and I went to have another ultrasound this past Friday on base. It was so much fun to see our little bit wiggling around so much! I can't get over the fact that I have a tiny human growing inside of me.. forming bones and tissue and organs. I loved seeing the tiny spine and fingers and feet and legs and face and hearing the heartbeat. I loved it all. It was amazing. God is amazing.
The lady who helped us has been doing ultrasounds for 20+ years, and told us toward the end of our ultrasound that she could tell us with 99% certainty what the gender of our little one was. She added in that she has only been wrong 4 out of 1500 times. Pretty good odds right? Needless to say, we asked her to write it down and seal it in an envelope for us.
After leaving the hospital, we decided we did not want to wait long at all and wanted to get all of our friends together to reveal the gender of our babe. I had to go back to work, so Brad set out to Babies R Us to pick out some outfits. He picked out one for a girl and one for a boy, took them to the register with the envelope and credit card and asked her to ring up whichever one it was and gift wrap it. He left everything with her and came back 10 minutes later to a mystery gift!
Brad did a great job setting up decorations for our party, even though he told me we weren't going to decorate. I picked out a cake to have, and we had everyone over today for burgers, brats and baby reveal!
(Special thanks to Chris who was so confident in his boy prediction that he got THE largest balloon to proclaim it!)
Bowties it is! :)
And if for some reason we get a different result at a later ultrasound, we'll have another party! ;)







No comments:
Post a Comment