Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Red Rock Country

As our time is dwindling down in Arizona, Bradford and I have vowed to make the most of it. Seeing friends, new places, loved places, etc.

This past weekend he informed me that we had some going away parties to attend for some of his guys who I have maybe met a couple times before. Of course I'll be there for support, babe.

Friday morning came and B placed our notebook that we write to each other in by my sink so I would see it when I got up and ready for the day. Inside he wrote to tell me to pack for 3 days including swimsuit, camelback and hiking shoes. And so my husband, who has not always been the best at keeping secrets or surprises from me, crafted a perfect weekend getaway.

I kept insisting that we were going to Sedona, while he assured me it would be Missouri. We ended up swinging by the airport (which was his lead into the Missouri idea) to pick up some of our best friends from back home in NC who joined us on our trip to...... Sedona. :)

We had such a great time with Josh and Carly seeing the Red Rocks in Sedona and visiting the Chapel of the Holy Cross, tasting everything at VomFass, hiking "0.5 miles" to Devil's Bridge, and of course hot tubbing at the resort. Props to hubs, it was a great way to spend one of our last weekends here in Arizona.

Views from the Chapel of the Holy Cross
Devil's Bridge with a great view!
Lunch break smiles
Our view from the lunch spot we chose under a rock at the top of the hike. Devil's Bridge is below us.
The boys at the bottom of our rock spot. Serious, rock climbing faces.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin