Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pikes Peak

On our cross-country drive to our new home in Arizona, we made a couple of stops to stay and visit with family and friends. One of those stops was right outside of Denver, Colorado to stay with a sweet couple who we met on our Honeymoon last year in the Bahamas.
Brad, Me, Barbara & Dave on our Sunset Cruise!
So during our day off of travel, Dave & Barbara took us around to sight see and we ended up at Pikes Peak. It's an awesome drive up to the summit at 14,110 feet... and boy could you feel the altitude. The temperature change from the base to summit was incredible... it was SO cold, and the altitude made us so dizzy (well, it did me at least!). The views were breathtaking and it was so refreshing to see snow again.. especially since it's non-existent in our town now.

I'll quit rambling... here are some pictures :) I highly recommend it!

Just after entering the gates... 
us <3
all of us, minus Dave & Barb
Glacial lake, I think?
SNOW SNOW SNOW! <3
the boys. 
again.
love this one!
ram in the gift shop!
Yosef in the gift shop!
GO APPS!
candied pecans. yummo!
panorama shot at the summit

welcome!
At the SUMMIT! BRRRRRR!
(Dave's pictures that he burnt to CD for us before we left has disappeared in the move..
if I find it I'll update with the pic of all of us. They really were there!!)

Brad & Josh being rams... they really butted heads. Ouch.
another panorama! 
America the Beautiful
mountains <3
We also went to the Garden of the Gods after Pikes Peak... however that includes more pictures, so we'll post on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin