Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bistro Chicken

I get emails from Kraft every now and again with recipes and whatnot. A couple days ago I got this one for Easy Bistro Chicken. I think it'll be something we revisit for sure. It's super easy and delicious! I'll give you the recipe like it was on Kraft.. but I didn't use mushrooms (because I'm not a fan) and we left out the bacon because we were out and someone (me) forgot to get it at the store.

Ingredients

  • 2 tsp. oil
  • 3 c sliced fresh mushrooms (its hard for me to even type that.. ick)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1/4 c Italian Dressing
  • 3 tbsp. tomato paste
  • 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb)
  • 1 c shredded mozzarella
  • 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped


Directions
  • Heat oil in large skillet on med-high heat. Add (mushrooms) and onion; Cook 5 min. stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, dressing and tomato paste.
  • Add chicken; cover. Simmer on med-low heat 12 min or until chicken is done
  • Top with cheese and bacon; simmer uncovered 5 min or until cheese is melted.


I served our Bistro Chicken with couscous (mainly because it's super fast) and a salad! Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delish! I'm going to try it soon. Thx for sharing! Millie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin