Sunday, September 29, 2013

A little behind the times

I suppose not much has happened in the lives of Shields to report since I recently glanced back at our blog and realized I'd not posted since March!

Since that time we have become involved with a fabulous small group close to home where we have been able to form some special friendships as well as people to pray with and help keep us accountable. We're so thankful and excited for that time to be starting up again this fall!

I have begun another year of teaching the first grade at the same school and Brad still at Luke, getting ready to pin on 1Lt (!!!) in a little over a week which we are so excited for.

As many of you know we are winding down our time here in Arizona and starting to plan (as much as we can) what our lives will start to look like in Dayton starting this July when we move up there for Brad to begin his Masters work in CE with the Air Force Institute of Technology. That of course will leave me with a decision to make as far as teaching (or not) and from there where to go with a job for the next year and a half while he finishes out that program!

Ah, life. :)

Oscar, meanwhile, has settled back into the routine of pouting when we leave for work, spending his lounging at home, and then excitedly greeting us when we get home and smothering us with kisses until we all go to bed only to repeat the same pattern the next day.

We're enjoying our fall so far with football and friends! How about yours?!

1 comment:

  1. I think Oscar needs a live-in playmate at home, to keep him company during the day while ya'll are at work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin